Monday, December 10, 2007

Madrid days 3 & 4

On Saturday I woke up, incredibly hungover, at 3.30 in the afternoon. That's what going to bed at 8 a.m. will do to you... I had wanted to go see Guernica and other modern works at the Reina Sofia, but it just wasn't happening. So I recovered with some glasses of tinto and took a massive nap.

I later had a traditional Spanish dinner at a restaurant called Tienda de Vinosi, which, according to TimeOut, has the nickname "El Comunista" because it was a leftist meeting place during the Franco era. Anyway, it was very pleasant and tasty.

The evening's clubbing consisted of a place in Chueca called But (how is this pronounced??), where the night was called "Spandau." This is an obvious allusion to Berlin-infatuation, and the music was suitably minimal. It was a really pretty space (reminded me of Nation in DC, sadly now defunct), though the crowd was not as special as the previous evening's.

Sunday was a beautiful day. Before returning that evening to cold, gray Berlin, I spent the afternoon in the park with one of my new friends :-)

No comments: