Monday, December 3, 2007

Madrid day 2

Friday was incredibly beautiful, not a cloud in the sky, and at least 60 degrees. I had not seen such a day in at least 3 months!























The above picture is of Plaza Chueca, in the neighborhood where I stayed. It had the advantages of being right in the middle of everything, a trendy and fun part of town, and the complete center of gayness. The things in the sky are in rainbow colors, obviously, which the sun projected onto people standing in the square.

After pulling my hungover self together, I went to Retiro Park for a walk. There were palm trees!

















After that I went to the Prado, where I saw works of art by Velazquez, Goya, Bosch, Caravaggio, Rafael, Rubens, and Botticelli. There were so many Velazquez paintings that they had a whole room full of dwarf paintings!

No comments: