Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wieder zurück in Berlin

Hello cyber-friends,

I arrived in Berlin this morning, with my huge pile of luggage safely in tow. My trip was fine. The first thing I have to say is: business class rocks!! I had an amazingly comfortable seat, with an amount of legroom that was itself approximately equivalent to a normal coach-class seat. It reclined in its own little case, so that you didn’t end up in your neighbor’s lap when you put it back. They brought us champagne before we even took off. I slept really well and woke up close to arrival.

The Academy, where I and the other Fellows live, is located on the western edge of Berlin. It is in a historic villa directly on the Wannsee, a large lake.















Here's where we all live. My apartment is very nice and features four gabled windows.














The weather is a refreshing change after the Philly heat and humidity. At noon today it was 59 degrees. Tonight it is going down into the 40s! In August!! There’s a beautiful full moon outside.

Ok, back to unpacking!
~Mark

No comments: